Friday, January 18, 2013

Renee & Rob: Helping out with a Wedding

I got to help out my good friend Barrett Bailey on a wedding session he had back in the beginning of January. I haven't had the chance to work on a wedding for a year now, so it was good getting the practice I need for the one I booked for later this year. As joyful as weddings are, there was a seed of grief planted that day in my artistic soul. The knowledge of Barrett moving is daunting; to think I'm going to have to say good-bye to this wonderful, creative man right before he leaves plane-bound to Arizona.

I'm confident Barrett will not be good but GREAT over there and I wish him much business and support. But, out of the many photographers that I know, Barrett was the only one who would not only seek me out but be eager to take pictures with me - and I with him. Its either bad timing or my residence is out of range for most people, but none of these were a factor for Bear to simply get up and meet me for photoventures almost all the time (of course it also helps he lives just a few streets down from me!) It's just going to be hard not having a creative friend at just a phone call away anymore. It's hard to think before Bear, I only did solo work. Now, I don't think the transition will be as easy.

Barrett used my 5D Mark II while I danced behind him taking pictures with his T2i. What nostalgia! It made me miss my stolen T1i so much :(

Equipment Used:
Canon EOS Rebel T2i
Canon EF 24mm f/1.4 II USM
Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM


Thank you for letting me tag along Bear and much luck to where ever you venture! Enjoy.
Barrett at work!
--
This was our photographer in training. She followed us around with her point and shoot camera all day while she took tips and notes because she was completely fascinated by our purpose there. I hope she takes that passion for photos far into her life!