Sunday, October 28, 2012

New Things

After three and a half years, I was able to save enough money to get the Canon EOS 5D Mark II!! *trumpets and chimes* I'm so excited. The Rebel T1i did wonders for me, but the possibilities the 5D will give me is like jumping into a bottomless pit. I got it about a month ago, I meant to post an update here on my blog, but my computer was sick, and it's a long, boring story. I'll just leave at this where I'm overwhelmed to finally have this camera and to be out and about putting it to good use. I got to see Gemma a few days ago, and meet her horse Jewel! We've been planning this meet for a while, but always had something in the way. So, I'm so happy I got to meet her new (and huge) baby horse. The owner had put her in the arena with another horse named Muse, and they became best friends instantly. Gemma tired grooming her and she was anxious to get back to the pasture with her new found friend. It was good to be around horses again, and I'm speaking for both of us when I say that. All of Gemma's hard work is slowly paying off and I'm so proud of her. Well, this was our day, finishing it off with a walk down a local trail. I'm glad Gemma came and picked me up. I am always surrounded by horses and beautiful, Floridian wilderness whenever she does. All these pictures are proving to be great practice too. I'm so happy to be editing regularly once more. I hope this time it can last.
I didn't do a very good job with this one. I added scratches to make it a little more creepy, but I could edit it any longer. Just looking at the spider made cringe and sent chills down my spine. Arachnophobia, what are you going to do?